Friday, April 1, 2011

Part 2 Camio

1.  Searched Paul Revere and found that he worked with silver.  There was a Tea Urn, Tea Service, Sugar Bowl, spoon.  Then I realized where the name Revere ware came from.  It is amazing how things you use on a daily basis come from something in history and art.
2.  Searched Sioux and found a lot of art by George Catlin.  He depicted the history of the Sioux and the west in painting much like we do with photos now.
3.  Looked at Vincent van Gogh and found many paintings.  I liked the fact that you could enlarge and get the detail.  I always liked his bedroom painting and have been working on my own.  Maybe I can finish it now that I can get more detail.
4.  Added van Gogh's paintings to favorites and did a slide show and created a web page.  This would be great for presentations.  The web page for Camio was a little hard to read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Boxe! Good work here. We think CAMIO is a great way to "visit" a major art institute, or use images to enchance classroom presentations & curriculum. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete