Friday, April 1, 2011

Lesson 9-History and Genealogy Resources-Ancestry Library, Heritage Quest and Sanborn Maps

1.  I put in my current name in Ancestry Library and found no matches.  Found more records under maiden name.  Found a record from 1992 in Sioux Falls, right address but wrong birth date.  Also had a list of old addresses.  In 2002 it had my address and I could look up all my neighbors.
2.  Found grandparents on father's side.  Most of these records were from Social Security Death records. Also found records on my father and brother, and Aunts marriage certificate.  Searched Basil Claymore and found him listed in Indian Census Rolls, Civil War Pension Index.  Most data was from the National Archives.gov.
3.  In photos and maps I found links to yearbook indexes, Library of Congress, land ownership maps, and US and World Atlas.  Could not find the yearbook from my college.  This will fun to see if I can find family in old yearbooks.

1 comment:

  1. Good report, Boxe. You never know what you'll find here, and one thing leads to another. Good luck searching yearbooks. :) Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete