Friday, April 1, 2011

Lesson 8-ArchiveGrid and Camio

Part 1
1. Typed in "Sitting Bull autograph card" and found out he was known as Tatanka Iyotake, he was a shaman, leader of the Hunpapa Sioux, and did not like the white men moving in.  He led the battle of Little Bighorn then want to Canada.  He toured with Buffalo Bill and was killed resisting arrest for practicing the "ghost dance".
2.  I searched my Great Grandfather Basil Clement (Claymore) and found reference to the Claymore Ranch and an excerpt from a book where he is explaining the whereabouts of Jim Bridger.  This book available at the Houghton Library at Harvard.  My family has done extensive family history research and I was actually finding some new research.  Basil Clement was French and was an interpreter for the Calvary and the Sioux, he also trapped with Jim Bridger.  I should be able to find much more.  Wish I would have had access to the resources back when I was doing this project.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Boxe! It's never too late to add to family history (well, death, but...) Thanks for your comments. It's exciting to learn about your finds.

    ReplyDelete