Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lesson 5- Gale Virtual Reference Library

1.  I clicked on show all and looked at "The College Blue Book for Scholarships, Fellowships, and Loans.  Then went to the table of contents and chase Federal Programs, information on Federal money for College.  From here I found in formation on Americorps who provided an informational assembly here at the center for the students.  Americorps gives and education credit as an award for work, and may pay existing and future student loans.  It also told me where to apply.  Some of my students have been interested in this program.
2.  I went back to click basic search.  I looked up zinc and looked in the Gale Encyclopedia of Nursing and Allied Health an found information on zinc as used by the body.  I also looked up "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and found a biography, plot summary, and critical essay.  I love the read to me option and have many students that could use this.
3.  Looked at another blog that had good uses for this library.  I have also had good learning experiences with the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Boxe Nursing! Glad to hear that you found some useful, interesting info here. Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete