Monday, February 23, 2015

Lesson 1a Advanced Challenge:
  World Book Kids- Under Science projects, breathing rate may be a good project.  Most of my students are in high school.
  World Book Students- Behind the headlines would be a good way to start the day.  I find most of my students do not know what is going on in the world.
  World Book Advanced-Anderson's Fairy Tales.  You can print, save, email, and have text read aloud.  You can also translate for ELL students.  I tried the read aloud.
  World book Discover-Liked the visual encyclopedia.  Went to human being, anatomy, which can be used by my students.  Liked the how to do research.

Lesson 1b Advanced Challenge
  World Book Online Kids- Most of my students are older but would serve ELL students.
  Word Book Online InfoFinder- Science projects would be good for an integrated class with vocation and education.
  World Book Online Reference Center- The read aloud and translate would be of use for my ELL students.

Lesson 1c Advanced Challenge
  I typed in the term "dog" and information on Elvis Presley and The Everly Brothers came up.  Must have something to do with song lyrics.  That search did not work for me.  I then went to the browse feature and found a picture of a dog and got more information on dogs.  I would use the browse because I do not know Spanish.  This must be confusing for English Language Learners.

1 comment:

  1. Great discoveries in WorldBook! I'm glad the visual dictionary will be useful for your classes.

    Thanks for the post,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete